11/15/09

one year

its 9:00 pm November 15, 2009...one year ago today this very moment we were in the hospital waiting for our little girl to arrive. we were suppose to go play poker with some friends when i started not feeling very good. as the contractions got worse i finally convinced craig that we better go to the hospital. when we arrived and they set us up in a room we still did not know if they would book us in for the night. finally i talked them into some pain medication because the contractions were getting stronger. when i dilated to a 2 a few hours later i was able to get the epidural (best $1200 i ever spent). the nurse came to check on me around 1 in the morning and said she wanted me to get some sleep because it would be a long night. She was leaving the shift at 6 in the morning and she assumed she would not be there when i delivered. at about 3:30 i started feeling more pain and called the nurse back. she was quite surprised to tell me that i had already dilated to a 10 and was ready to start pushing. 4:30 am that morning our lives changed forever. our precious little sydney was welcomed into this world. i remember seeing her big eyes staring at me when the doctor put her on my belly...i will never forget it.

One year has gone by so fast...everyone tells you this and it is true. i was so excited in the hospital to finally meet her i did not sleep much even though i was exhausted! craig kept saying you need to get some rest..even though i was tired i was excited. there we several nurses that helped out while we were in the hospital and i sent her to the nursery one night for a few hours so i could get some sleep. the nurse come to check on her in the morning and said "i remember her in the nursery last night and she was the cutiest girl in there".

our first night home with her we had no night light to see her in the dark. i remember trying a flashlight, the hall light, my lamp and finally my cell phone. No one told me we needed a night light! Craig went and got us one for the next night. She slept almost 5 hours at a time her first night. She has always been a good sleeper and i am very thankful for that. i enjoy every moment that i spend with my little one. I also enjoyed our times we use to spend together in the middle of the night. I was tired but always wanted to hold her and rock her back to sleep.

friends and family came to see her, and help us out, and brought us dinner. i was so grateful for them. we have the best family and friends anyone can ask for.

i am so happy. sydney has brought so much joy into our lives...it is really hard to describe. craig loves her so much and is such a great dad to her. and we are grateful she is a happy and healthy baby! and yes she will always be my baby. happy birthday syd!

your my star, my moon, my sun, momma loves you little one.

0 comments: